Sunday 6 July 2014

A Well-Earned Weekender with Shakira

Finding the time to treat yourself can at times be a real hassle in our hectic modern lives. We sleep, we work, we eat, and thereafter exhaustion sets in. Wash, rinse, repeat. A moment to oneself is a treasured thing, and a moment to oneself when we can actually do something enjoyable is often nigh on impossible.

After the longest week imaginable (despite loving the juggling of my dual personality, it's becoming more and more difficult burning the candle at both ends!), I was treated yesterday to the greatest school trip I have ever been on. Almost twenty years after it opened, I finally got the chance to go to Legoland Windsor, a day out that allowed my inner child to escape and run free for a full six hours of ages 5-13 fun.

As anyone who knows me is inherently aware, I have something of an obsession with Lego, and would happily while away my monthly salary on set after set were it not for more mundane things like rent and electricity bills. 

And so it was with childish glee that I spent the day gallivanting about the little people (both toddlers and plastic minifigures), caring not particularly for the rides, but instead marvelling at the microscopic architecture, dreaming of the day that I will eventually be able to rule over my own Lego Kingdom.

I returned home sated and pooped out, revelling in even more good fortune as I found a discarded Metropolis framed poster on my amble home.

To top off my self-indulgent weekend, Manami and I have just gorged ourselves on Columbian treats; meaty, fruity, spicy goodness that added up to the best meal I have had in months. Not even yogurt from Shakira's belly button would have surpassed this South American smorgasbord. 

My inner child delighted, my inner geek feeling lucky, and my corpulent stomach filled with finery, this week's trials and tribulations have most certainly paid off!


No comments:

Post a Comment